"A strand of pearls is perhaps as classic as a red lip or a little black dress, but in Mudd Pearl's non-conformist fashion, the pieces give a contemporary take on the traditional pearl necklace we know and love." Vienna Vernose, CR Fashion Book 2021
Founded in February of 2021 by Yasmin Moon & Mary Anderson, Mudd Pearl has already developed a growing cult following. The idea around the brand started with appreciating the healing mechanics of an oyster. "The way a pearl is created is similar to the human condition of alleviation. The oyster creates a smooth coating around a small trauma in order to co-exist with it and each method of protection is so individualized it could never be exact. Holding a pearl is like holding a physical manifestation of one's own resilience." Every Mudd Pearl is handmade through a delicate process of stringing individual pearls--while curating the brands signature aesthetic of organic symmetry. each piece can act as grounding totems, works of art, or both. Please note: like you and I, no two Mudd Pearl creation is exactly the same. Each piece is handmade in its own fragility, handle with care.
1. After every wear, wipe your pearls with a soft cloth. This will help prevent any buildup of oils or other substances that may have come in contact with your jewelry throughout the day.
2. Clean with a damp cloth only as needed. If your pearls are visibly stained, you can mix a solution of lukewarm water and mild dish soap, dip a soft cleaning cloth in it and wipe the pearls. Do not submerge a pearl necklace in water. This will weaken the thread.
3. Let them dry all the way before storing.
4. Take them to a jeweler once a year.
1. Pearls should be the final touch to your outfit. Avoid applying makeup, hairspray, lotion or perfume once your pearls are on.
2. Store pearl necklaces flat to prevent weakening the thread.
3. Soft pearls are prone to scratches, so store them separately in fabric-lined compartments.
4. Wear your pearls often. Pearls do best in a moist environment, wearing them frequently keeps them from drying out.
5. Mudd Pearl will provide repairs sans shipping & handling expenses. Because of the time consuming nature of creating handmade items to order ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Disclaimer For International Orders
Duties and Taxes: Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost and it will be collected upon delivery from the carriers for certain packages. These charges are recipient’s responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for the packages. You may check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be.